Thursday, November 3, 2011

Patterns and Textiles

Since I discovered Lagerfeld's inspiration for the spring 2012 collection was architecture I've been looking for ways to apply what I'm learning towards fashion. I thought it would be a good idea to look at my past projects for inspiration. Recently I had to create a tile design inspired the main library building in campus. After I created the tile I needed to come up with different pattern options and I was very content with the results. I kept looking at the pattern and decided that I wanted to try transforming it into a textile pattern. Since spring will be here soon I thought it would be nice to create a bold pattern. I haven't figured out the exact process I will use to paint the fabric or what I plan to do with the fabric. My first idea was to create a small clutch but I haven't decided yet. After I figure out what to do, I plan to make a d.i.y. about the painting process and sewing the bag. Here are the patterns



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...