Tuesday, November 1, 2011

There is a reason for my madness



It's been an exhausting couple of weeks and I've been away for too long. All of my projects piled up and I missed about a week's worth of sleep(ohh the life of an architecture student). My poor sleep deprived brain kept looking for an explanation of why I chose architecture and not something else. I found the answer while looking at Chanel's spring 2012 collection. For this collection Karl Lagerfeld was inspired by the work of Zaha Hadid. Hadid is the first woman architect to win the Pritzker prize. Her work is largely inspired by the forms under the ocean. Lagerfeld created an amazing underwater ambiance for this runway including corals and such. The clothes were created with very light fabrics that had sheen very alike to mother of pearl. Also keeping up with the aquatic theme were the accessories. Some of the belts were created with pearls and some of the models had pearls studded in their hair. Overall the collection had a very light and modern feel that still had the classical essence of Chanel. So considering all this, I thought I would share some of my favorite looks from the runway along with Hadid's work. (I really tried to narrow it down to my favorites but if it were for me I would pick anything off that runway)














JS Bach Chamber Music Hall

Burnham Pavillion

Heyday Aliyev Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...