Saturday, December 10, 2011

The End of the Semester

Yesterday I finished the hardest class of all: design workshop. After putting so many hours of effort (and two sleepless days right before the hand-in) my final project was ready. I couldn't have been more excited for this one. I had to design a lighting fixture based on the designs of Zaha Hadid. I had been obsessing over her work lately and it was an absolute thrill to find out that she was my chosen inspiration. It was such a challenging project right from the start, from picking the materials to setting up the lighting system. I created a set of three lamps made from strips of white poster board and I'm so excited about the results that I just needed to share them with you guys.




 

After all of the hard work, I look back and I'm surprised. Never in my life I thought I could accomplish all of the things I've done during this semester. It was tough and there were a couple of meltdowns on the way but it was all worth it. I'm finally sure that this is the career path I want to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...