Sunday, July 15, 2012

Skincare routine


Skincare routine



 Spending time at my friend's house this weekend, I realized the importance of having a skincare routine and sticking to it. We pampered ourselves with different cleansers, moisturizers, and masks and I definitely saw an improvement on my skin. I decided that I was going to set up a skincare routine and here's my wishlist:

1. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser- I've been using this cleanser for almost a month now and I'm very pleased with the results. It removes all of my make up and it leaves my skin brighter and refreshed. I'm definitely restocking.

2. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner- I've always skipped toner on my skincare routine and what a mistake that was. Toner can really make a difference of the evenness and texture of your skin. I haven't tried this particular toner, but I've heard good things about it and I haven't had any problems with this brand.

3. Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Moisturizer- I was also very impressed with this moisturizer. It has a very light and refreshing scent. I've always been afraid of moisturizers because they tend to leave my skin feeling very oily, but this one absorbs very quickly and doesn't leave traces of oil on my skin.

4. Make Up Forever HD Microperfecting Primer- This is also a step that I've skipped before. I've never tried face primer so I've been looking at drugstore options, but I haven't really been convinced by any of the products. I've reading up on reviews and decided to go with a high end option. I chose this one specifically because it covers up redness and has a light feel to it.

5. Mary Kay Timewise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation- I don't consider foundation to be a daily option in regards to skincare, but I will be trying to use it more often. I've never really tried foundation until now because I always had this idea that it would feel heavy and mask-like on your face. This foundation has calmed all of my fears, it feels very light on my skin and it removes all of my oiliness. I just ordered mine and I can't wait to see how it will work for me in the long run.

6. Facial Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal- I decided that I was going to pamper myself every week with a mask. I tried this one at my friend's house and I fell in love. It's not a peel off mask but I do feel like this does tighten skin when it dries. After I rinsed it off, I felt that my skin was softer and my pores did look a tiny bit smaller.

What's your skincare routine? 

3 comments:

  1. I want to start treating myself to a weekly mask facial, too! That one sounds great.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only recently gotten into using cleanser and toner but oh my god what a difference it makes! My complexion is brighter, clearer and definitely feels cleaner. Also primer is a god send product, makes your face look flawless before putting make up on - I love it!

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...